We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
The Receptionist is responsible for providing administrative support that ensures that the office runs smoothly and efficiently. This position is responsible for creating a welcoming and professional atmosphere for clients and guests, as well as a well-organized and productive environment for staff.
- Professional and polished telephone manner.
- Highly organized and detail focused.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at ones, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with enthusiasm, determination & cheerfulness.
- Ability to problem solve using common sense.
- Positive, confident and mature work ethic.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system and office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, copiers.
- Above average interpersonal, oral, written communication skills.
- Strong computer & organizational skills.
- Meet and greet visitors to the office, and present a polished and professional image.
- Answer the company phone lines professionally and courteously.
- Direct guests and callers to the appropriate staff member.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages.
- Maintain the appearance and organization of all common areas visible and accessible to visitors and guests.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Maintain a clean, fully stocked and well organized reception area.
Mail & Courier:
- Sort, open, date stamp, and distribute all mail, faxes, and courier packages to the appropriate staff member according to established procedures.
- Stamp outgoing mail and take to the mailbox for pick up prior to 5:00 p.m.
- Prepare all courier mailing labels and arrange for courier pick-ups and deliveries.
- Ensure the boardroom and meeting rooms are clean, stocked, and welcoming to guests.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of in-house and out-of-house meetings, conferences, and telecons.
- Set up computer, communication and presentation equipment for meetings, telecons, and webinars.
- Set up, refresh, and tear down of coffee/water service for meetings.
- Order and receive any catering requirements for meetings, and conferences.
- Create and maintain a list of required office supplies.
- Create and maintain a list of required kitchen supplies.
- Place orders for supplies as required to ensure the proper functioning and efficiency of the office.
- Post fax, postal, and courier charges.
- Post BC Online charges.
- Post travel charges.
- Reconcile the corporate credit cards.
- Process and post lawyer and staff expenses.
- Maintain and balance petty cash.
- Assisting the billing clerk with sending invoices to clients.
Library & Continuing Education:
- Maintain the library, including ordering and cataloguing all reference materials.
- Enrolling lawyers and staff in continuing education programs including conferences, webinars, and CBA subsection meetings.
- Monitoring and tracking lawyer and staff course enrollment and individual yearly budgets.
Social Committee & Firm Recognition:
- Member of the Social Committee assisting in organizing staff functions including the firm’s annual Christmas party and summer retreat; new lawyer call celebrations, and other in-house and out-of-house social activities on behalf of the firm.
- Responsible for the yearly mailout of Christmas cards and chocolates to clients, vendors, and service providers.
- Assist with small projects as required by other administrative support.
- Willing to complete other duties as assigned.
- Salary: $33,500 to start based on experience.
- Full time: 35 hours/week.
- MSP & Group Health & Dental Plan, Employer RSP contribution (4.5% of gross salary)
- Annual paid vacation, sick time and personal days.
- A friendly, supportive working environment!