We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Woodward & Company LLP is seeking a Legal Assistant to join us as a full-time member of our team.
This position requires a confident, outgoing and engaging individual who displays professionalism, common sense, self-motivation and a mature work ethic (a great sense of humour is also welcome).
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- A knowledge and appreciation of legal practices, terminology, and procedures.
- Able to interpret rules of court in various levels of court.
- Coordinating with court registries to arrange for hearings, submissions, and trials.
- Preparing documents including: drafting, formatting, editing, correspondence, memos, agreements, reports, pleadings, and court documents.
- Coordinating the timely filing and service of court documents.
- Maintaining and organizing electronic and paper filing systems.
- Organizing and maintaining lawyers’ calendars and Bring Forward (BF) system.
- 3 years’ litigation experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, BC Online.
- Willingness to learn new technological applications.
- Über keen attention to detail.
- Work well autonomously and within a team.
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Competitive salary to commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Group Health & Dental Plan, MSP coverage, Employer RSP contribution (4.5% of gross salary), generous vacation, and a friendly, supportive working environment!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.