Effective economic development is a key tool of self-determination. We serve Indigenous clients in all facets of commercial business development and associated transactions. We provide advice that appropriately balances governance responsibilities with achieving profitability, success and community benefits. We provide advice and services on:
- Creating and restructuring business structures and procedures to maximize income;
- legislation impacting Indigenous governments and businesses;
- fiduciary responsibilities of First Nation governments;
- overseeing complex secured transactions;
- lands transactions to support economic development both on and off-reserve; and
- developing both business and community trusts.