We assist Indigenous peoples throughout every stage of the Specific Claim process, including to:
- identify potential claims;
- apply for funding;
- assess claims’ strength and potential compensation values;
- work with knowledge-keepers and other experts to prepare and submit claims;
- negotiate settlements;
- advocate at the Specific Claims Tribunal; and
- create community trusts and assist with strategic planning so that Indigenous communities can experience long-term benefits from their compensation.
Our lawyers have experience preparing and negotiating complex claims, including those brought by more than one Indigenous group.