Woodward & Co Lawyers Response to COVID-19
At Woodward & Co Lawyers LLP, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our clients, our employees, and their respective families. As the number of cases of COVID-19 both in Canada and abroad grows, we are implementing additional measures to protect our people and communities. Your business is important to us and our goal is to continue to provide a high level of service.
As part of our new measures, we are constantly monitoring new information being released from official health organizations. In response to that information, here are some of the steps we’ve taken:
- We are recommending to our lawyers and staff that they perform their work duties remotely as much as possible.
- Our lawyers will be rescheduling in-person meetings to conference call or to web-based video conferencing. Where in-person meetings are unavoidable, we will be following strict social distancing protocols.
- We are recommending that any non-essential travel be suspended.
- We require lawyers and staff to stay home if they are feeling even slightly ill. If they have travelled out of the country, there is a 2-week self-isolation period following their return.
- Our office cleaners have been instructed to sanitize all common areas.
Should our main office in Victoria close, we are still reachable through our phone’s auto attendant (250-383-2356), lawyer’s cell phones and email. Kindly refer to our website for any additional information to reach us.
Our continued relationship with you is very important. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you require assistance with any ongoing or new matters.
For key considerations and information for First Nation governments and businesses in this time please click here for our bulletin.
Justice is finally close at hand.
On behalf of the Tsilhqot’in, Woodward & Co. LLP is the first law firm in Canada to successfully prove Aboriginal title. Follow the full story of our fight for justice and the Supreme Court of Canada’s first Aboriginal title judgment.
Areas of Practice
We work exclusively for First Nations governments and organizations in their quest for justice. Idealists at heart, we will fight tenaciously to rectify past and present wrongs. Let us help bring your long battle for self-determination to an end.
News & Events
Follow the latest developments in aboriginal law, check our calendar for upcoming presentations and speaking engagements and read the Woodward & Co. blog.