We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Solicitor - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP is seeking to add a solicitor to work full-time in our Victoria, British Columbia office. We practice in Aboriginal Law and represent First Nations and other Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. Please consult our website at: http://www.woodwardandcompany.com for an overview of our practice areas.
If you are at least a 6-year call, and have experience in one or more of the following areas, we invite you to apply:
- Trusts, including settlement, business, land and First Nation community trusts;
- Tax – general practice with knowledge of aboriginal tax matters;
- Corporate/commercial, including secured transactions;
- First Nation legislation and bylaw drafting; and
- Commercial development and leasing on First Nation lands.
Applicants should also demonstrate the following:
- Member in good standing with one or more Canadian law societies
- Self-motivated and confident
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent technical/legal writing skills
- Able to explain complex legal concepts and procedural information across disciplines and cultures
- A strong team player able to balance working independently and within interdisciplinary teams including providing mentorship to junior associates
- Willingness to travel (post-pandemic) and cultivate relationships with current and future clients
- Willingness to participate in cultural and professional events (external/internal) including speaking engagements
- Salary commensurate with experience and year of call
- Immediate enrollment in our Group Benefits Plan (Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription/Paramedical)
- Employer RSP contribution
- Employer paid Law Society and CBA fees
- Continuing Professional Development allowance
Please forward the following (in pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter;
- writing sample (excerpt please – maximum 4 pages); and
- two letters of reference.