We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Senior Litigation Legal Assistant - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP is seeking a senior Legal Assistant to join us as a full-time member of our team. This position requires a confident, outgoing and engaging individual who displays professionalism, common sense, self-motivation and a mature work ethic.
- Preparing documents including: drafting, formatting, editing, correspondence, memos, agreements, reports, pleadings, and court documents
- Attending to all procedures surrounding the filing and serving of court pleadings and documents
- Coordinating with court registries to arrange for hearings, submissions, and trials
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented with at 5 + years litigation experience
- Preference may be given to candidates with the completion of a Legal Assistant program from an accredited educational institution in Canada
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, BC Online
- A knowledge and appreciation of legal practices, terminology, and procedures
- Able to interpret rules of court in various levels of court
- Maintaining and organizing electronic and paper filing systems.
- Organizing and maintaining lawyers’ calendars and Bring Forward (BF) system
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Willingness to learn new technological applications
- Über keen attention to detail
- Work well autonomously and within a team
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Previous experience in a Management capacity is an asset
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Group Health Coverage
- Employer RSP contribution (4.5% of gross salary)
- Annual Professional Development allowance
- Paid vacation, sick days, and personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Transportation allowance
- Outgoing and friendly firm culture that provides for lots of social opportunities to connect with your co-workers
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to the attention of Jamie Zyla, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Please submit your application materials in PDF format only.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.