We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Senior Litigation Legal Assistant - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP is seeking a senior Legal Assistant to join us as a full-time member of our litigation team. This position requires a confident, outgoing, and engaging individual who displays professionalism, self-motivation, and a mature work ethic.
CORE JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Preparing documents including: drafting, formatting, editing, correspondence, memos, agreements, reports, pleadings, and court documents
- Attending to all procedures surrounding the filing and serving of court pleadings and documents
- Coordinating with court registries to arrange for hearings, submissions, and trials
- Daily use of litigation software databases and document management systems, to search and manage document-heavy and complex litigation matters.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Knowledge of legal practices, terminology, and Court processes
- Familiarity with Rules of Court
- A high level of initiative, knowing when to seek appropriate advice
- Excellent organization skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A quick learner
- Technical competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe functionality;
- Exposure to BC Online, LTSA searches, litigation software and document management software
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented with minimum 5 years’ legal experience, with some exposure to litigation
- Preference may be given to candidates with completion of a Legal Assistant program from an accredited educational institution in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
Woodward & Company offers a great compensation package with a competitive salary based on experience, together with a generous range of benefits, including group health insurance, employer contribution to an RSP, additional paid time off, and strong educational support.
At Woodward you can expect an outgoing and friendly workplace culture where teamwork, an excellent work ethic and high levels of respect are the norm.
Please forward your cover letter and resumé in confidence to the attention of Jamie Zyla, Human Resources Assistant at: email@example.com. Please submit your application materials in PDF format only.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.