We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Litigation Legal Assistant - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP provides a full suite of legal services to Indigenous governments, businesses, communities, and people. We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to join us as a full-time team member. This position requires a confident, outgoing, and an engaging individual who displays efficiency, professionalism, self-motivation, a mature work ethic, and caring attention to detail to assist multiple lawyers with litigation files.
CORE JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Preparing documents including (drafting, formatting, editing) correspondence, memos, agreements, reports, pleadings, and court
- Attending to all procedures surrounding the filing and serving of court pleadings and
- Coordinating with court registries to arrange for hearings, submissions, and trials.
- Daily use of litigation software, databases, and document management systems, to search and manage document-heavy and complex litigation
- Strong problem-solving skills and
- Knowledge of legal practices, terminology, and Court
- Familiarity with Rules of
- High level of initiative, (knowing when to seek appropriate advice).
- Excellent organization skills.
- A keen attention to
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- A quick and continuous
- Technical competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and
- Exposure to BC Online, LTSA searches, litigation software and document management
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced office work
- Reliability, flexibility, and dependable attendance is an essential function of this
- Preference may be given to candidates who have completed a Legal Assistant program from an accredited educational institution in
- Grade 12 graduation required, with 3 to 5 years’ applied litigation work experience, preferred.
Why Woodward & Company?
Woodward & Company offers meaningful work focused on Aboriginal Law and Indigenous issues. We offer a great compensation package, combined with a generous range of benefits, including group health, dental, RSP contributions, vacation, and additional paid time off, parking/transit/wellness allowances, and strong support for continuous learning and professional development.
At Woodward you can expect an outgoing and friendly workplace culture where teamwork, excellence, work ethics and respect, are the norm. We are committed to ensuring employment equity within our workplace.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé (in PDF format) to the attention of Pamela Toovey, Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we would like to thank all applicants for their expression of interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.