We are always interested in hearing from individuals who wish to join our team.
Please send supporting documents in pdf format only
Human Resources Manager - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP, Canada’s leading Aboriginal Law firm, has grown significantly over the past few years and is now seeking a full time Human Resources Manager to join the Administrative Team. Reporting to the Firm Administrator, this new position provides a great opportunity for a human resources professional with minimum 5–8 years of increasingly responsible experience to create and manage the human resources function for this mid-sized law firm.
Areas of responsibility cross the full range of HR functions including the development and management of: HR policies and processes; a user-friendly performance management system; strong employee relations; a total compensation program; all aspects of talent management; onboarding and orientation; training and development; occupational health and safety; and employment management.
- A strategic thinker with proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrated collaborative and innovative approach to service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively, influence, and build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgement while making decisions.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The flexibility and adaptability required to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong expertise in change management.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to handle and manage conflict effectively.
- Results oriented with a reputation for resourcefulness and a strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- A high performer with strong organization and time management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BC’s employment regulations and legislation.
- Functional proficiency with Microsoft Office and the willingness to learn new technological applications.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience as an HR Business Partner, Generalist, or Manager, ideally with some background in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- A post-secondary degree with a concentration in Business/Human Resources.
- CPHR (Certified Professional Human Resources) designation is considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Woodward & Company offers a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary based on experience, and a full range of cash and non-cash benefits, including group health insurance, employer contribution to an RSP, generous paid time off, and strong educational support.
At Woodward you can expect an outgoing and friendly workplace culture where teamwork, an excellent work ethic and high levels of respect are the norm.
Please forward your cover letter and resumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit your application materials in PDF format only. Deadline for applications is August 7, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Solicitor - Victoria, BC
Woodward & Company LLP is seeking to add a solicitor to work full-time in our Victoria, British Columbia office. We practice in Aboriginal Law and represent First Nations and other Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. Please consult our website at: http://www.woodwardandcompany.com for an overview of our practice areas.
If you are at least a 6-year call, and have experience in one or more of the following areas, we invite you to apply:
- Trusts, including settlement, business, land and First Nation community trusts;
- Tax – general practice with knowledge of aboriginal tax matters;
- Corporate/commercial, including secured transactions;
- First Nation legislation and bylaw drafting; and
- Commercial development and leasing on First Nation lands.
Applicants should also demonstrate the following:
- Member in good standing with one or more Canadian law societies
- Self-motivated and confident
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent technical/legal writing skills
- Able to explain complex legal concepts and procedural information across disciplines and cultures
- A strong team player able to balance working independently and within interdisciplinary teams including providing mentorship to junior associates
- Willingness to travel (post-pandemic) and cultivate relationships with current and future clients
- Willingness to participate in cultural and professional events (external/internal) including speaking engagements
- Salary commensurate with experience and year of call
- Immediate enrollment in our Group Benefits Plan (Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription/Paramedical)
- Employer RSP contribution
- Employer paid Law Society and CBA fees
- Continuing Professional Development allowance
Please forward the following (in pdf format only) to email@example.com:
- cover letter;
- writing sample (excerpt please – maximum 4 pages); and
- two letters of reference.